Wednesday, December 8, 2010

The Curse

The song that keeps me from my sleep
Is rife with lurking shadows, deep.
The voice that hums inside my head
Does well to keep me from my bed.
Unto my soul a curse was laid,
And though I've cried, and laughed, and prayed
My heart does pound, my sweat does pour,
And through the night, I rest no more.
The dreams I see when I'm awake
Would make poor Orpheus' heart break.
The marble smooth, the gentle strands
Do mock and taunt my writhing hands.
True, I could sleep if didn't I see
Two vibrant stars that love to haunt me,
Burning bright, yes burning through
My mind.  The ghosts I see are true.

5 comments:

  1. Your poems are so heart wrenching for one so young! Beautiful, of course and I admire the flow and well thought out word placement... To rhyme like that would take me forever...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You happen to be one of the most outgoing and entertaining people I know... I'm looking forward to a happy and uplifting poem from you, young Shakespeare...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Will,
    The poem conveys serious pains in a young poet.
    Making poems is not easy--word choice, style, rhyme, theme etc, etc. As far as I know poets produce art work in a great pain. Keep up.
    Kind regards,
    Sadami

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Will!
    Wish you a Happy New Year. I sincerely hope 2011 will be a fruitful and wonderful year for you.
    Best wishes, Sadami

    ReplyDelete